Drawing Exploded View

ramsay

Iam trying to create a drawing from an asembly.

Is there a fuction when you are creating a drawing to slightly break up the asembly into seperate parts to kind of show how it goes together.

Thanks in advance :D

when you are in the assembly file on the assembly tab up top there is an exploded view button as well as explode line sketch. I think after you create the exploded view you can create a drawing from that file, but i do not believe there is a way to separate the components in the drawing file.

However, there are options for broken-out sections, section view and alternate position views in the drawing file.

Thanks i found that explode view but i dont think it will work for the part i have drawing.

I have drawing a frame in solidworks using weldments some pieces get welded together some get bolted together with angles the idea is that its going to be put up and put down allot so i was just trying to get an exploded veiw of the parts do you know if thats possible with a weldment frame ?

i dont think so unless you suppress the weld joints. A weldment is not considered an assembly I dont believe. Someone else would know better than I since I havent used weldments in SW before, only inventor