Error never heard in cad

ank_architect

hi,

i have 2006 version acad which i am using it from past 3 months, suddenly form past one week whenever i start my cad one window is appearing with chinese type fonts which i couldn,t not understand but rest of it is ok. But from yesterday only one more problem appears that whenever i want to move any object it copies automatically. I thought it must some kind of virus or bug in my cad. So i reinstalled acad 2006 again and again three times but problem remains same. I scanned my system with latest antivirus but no bug appears on it. I have installed 2004 cad also but it also shows the same story. i don't understand what to do now. My System has window vista premium installed in it.

i am thinking of formating my complete system. please suggest what did i do now.???

my first thought is that is there a guy known for practical jokes in your office?

So you mean, when you start your AutoCAD a window pops up that's in chinese font?

with the move thing - do you type Move? or use a button? och just drag?

Sorry, but I have to ask. Where did you obtain your copy of AutoCAD from?

I don't know the source because its on offical computer. ( no question of pyrated software)

Suddenly you have Chinese type fonts and your move command acts like copy instead.

Prior to both events did you download and install any new software? Did you use any new lisp routines you may have gotten off the Internet? How do you invoke the move command? Do you use keyboard input? Have you exchanged drawing files recently with another firm?

yes i do exchange cad files that form my consultant firm infact we require to that frequently. i am on net always.

nobody can access my pgp file but as soon as u reinstall software it will go back to default setting. and it seems something is effecting my default settings i.e virus. but even antivirus is not able to detect that.

Can you post a screen shot of the message?

Also, put a period in front of the move command and see if it works.

If it does, then your move command got redefined.

Also try using the UNDEFINE and REDEFINE command. Undefine the line command and then redefine it.

i have attached error screen shot and as per ur recommendation tried to undefine and then redefine move command but didn't work out. Thanks for all ur suggestions also...........

error.jpg

At this point I have no clue.

type APPLOAD and see if there are any programs being loaded the startup suite. Remove any program and see if that fixes the problem.

Did you type .MOVE (with a period)? If so, what happened?

Also AutoCAD 2006 was not designed for Windows Vista. That could also be the source of your problem.