lost palettes, workspaces etc...all going wrong!

brides19

hi, Im using Autocad Architecture 2009 and am having some major problems with it!!

firstly, the page layout/settings are completely different to how they were when it was installed and i have not changed anything to my knowledge. the necessary things do not seem to be there i.e. design palette

the workspaces dropdown does not include those options included in the interface user guide i.e. design, document - design being the option that i have to work with. In place of this there was 2d drawing, 3d drawing and another i cannot remember as they have now gone too!

i have probably made the problem worse trying to follow other users tips from this website and doing things myself but am completely stuck as to how to get the things i need from the programme!!

help! :(

• 2 months later...

I'm using Architecture 2010 and the same thing happened, in my case it crashed and when I started it again the Design Tool Palette was now 'All Palettes'. I can't figure out how to get it back and it's very difficult trying to work from the ribbon when creating AEC objects. Anyone know how to fix this? I tried restarting the program but no luck. I'd like to avoid having to reinstall, especially if this is going to happen more than once.

restart your computer first, see if that alleviates the problem, next if that does not work, do a installation repair, and finally if that does not work, do a reinstall.

This happens occasionally with 09 for me as well. It is a pain in the rear.