Error 1325. 'StartMenu' is not a valid short file name.

granthamcollege

Hi, i keep getting the message above with autocad lt 2009 whenloged in on a student account on our domain, but it is fine as admin. i have given full rights to local hard drive, made the student group local admin etc. The 'StartMenu' folder appears to be the folder on our server which stores the students icons (I am guessing this is the folder the error message means though i dont know how to check to be 100%) I have given students full access rights to test and still not working

any help would be great. thanks.

we have looked more into this problem and have found the problem, and if anyone has any pointers on how we can sort this would be very helpful. Our college system uses a re-directed start menu for all the students container and this is why we are getting errors starting this as a student. It looks like when you run the program it seems to try to write to the start menu and it cannot do this due to the re-direction. If we disable the re-directed start menu to normal is runs fine, but as all the students icons are running from a re-direct we need to use the students pre-configured start menu. Any ideas on how to get round this would be excellent.

I think it time you speak with your AutoDesk authorized reseller or, if you are on subscription, put in a request for assistance.