Looking For A Good SEO Expert

Guest TonyB

Guest TonyB

Hi Everyone, I have a carpet cleaning business in Houston,TX that was doing pretty good until the economy went bad, and with it my clientele. I have a website for the business but I dont know what I have to do the get it to show up in a search. Right now it's somewhere in the yahoo/google netherworld (LOL).Is there someone on here that can give me some insight or know of anyone that coud give me insight on how I can get my local website on the front page of a Yahoo or Google search to increase my business without it costing me 5 or 10k $$$? If so please share with me. I thank you and my hungry over-eating children thank you.thanks,

There is some pretty good info on wikipedia for seo. There is also software you can buy, but it is not necessary if you know how it works. Then you could always use some of your marketing budget to run an Google adwords campaign.

Generally speaking you want to use your keywords high and low in the content of your page. You also want keywords to be used in the page title (what you see in the title bar) if possible and in links. You can use meta tags, but those won't always help you out as some search engines pay little or no attention to them. You also want to follow the rules and not use any "illegal" tricks as the search engines will penalize you for it and you may find your site removed from the results altogether.

I would highly recommend reviewing the wikipedia article on seo and any other info you can find on the many sites that discuss it.

Lastly I would recommend submitting your site (if you haven't already) to the open directory project (dmoz.org) as several of the major search engines pick up those listings.

Beyond that just post your questions. Feel free to pm me and I'll help as much as I can (although I'm not an expert I do have experience with this subject).

• 3 weeks later...

id say rusty pretty pinned the nail on the donkey, also Tony you want a good text based site, if you have a flash site make sure there is a sitemap for sure.

sol you sure you wernt doing anything dirty