Mass / Volume of walls, slabs etc

Doove

Hi all

how do I get the mass or volumes of walls, slabs etc.

Massprop doesn't work on style based objects.

I created a new property set definition called "Measures" and added "Volume Net" and "Volume Net with Mods" and applied it to the Wall, Slab, Roof & Roof Slab styles.

Now when I look in properties extended display for walls it does show these values (though without units) however it doesn't for the slabs and roof slabs.

Also if I select four walls it only shows the volume of one of the walls not the sum of the volumes for the selection set.

I am starting to think this was all easier in vanilla autocad!

Cheers

Doove

Hi all

I created a new property set definition called "Measures" and added "Volume Net" and "Volume Net with Mods" and applied it to the Wall, Slab, Roof & Roof Slab styles.

Now when I look in properties extended display for walls it does show these values (though without units) however it doesn't for the slabs and roof slabs.

Also if I select four walls it only shows the volume of one of the walls not the sum of the volumes for the selection set.

Cheers

Doove

I will take a look for ya when I get home.

Hi all

Cheers

Doove

ok, use the wall tag item in the content browser, that will give you the volumes and areas of the wall itself, and show you in the propor units.

for roof slabs, create your property set definition. You will need one for each object IE roof slab, or slabs. in the property set area under the style manager, the applies to tab, you will have to set it to "styles and definitions" This will make it easy to apply it across the board to all within the style, instead of having to individually tag each slab. once you have the property set definition setup with the parameters you wish to see go back to your drawing.

Once in your drawing select one of the slabs, roof / slabs. and edit the style. Under the general tab, you will see a property sets button on the lower left. Click it. it should be blank at the moment, but if you click the "new" button on the lower left, it should show you all style based property sets that are available for that AEC object type. Select your definition to apply it to that style. That should get you the info you want.

As for gathering the sum of the selected, you will need to create a custom table to add each wall, then add the sum of their volumes. I am not that great with tables, so you might need to wait for someone else that can help you with that, or play around with them a bit.

Let me know if anything I typed is confusing, it was a long day and I am letting my grammar and punctuation go to pot tonight lol.