Trouble Logging In

Bill Tillman

I've noticed for the past two morning that I cannot login to the forum from my home computer. I get to the office and login is no problem using the same account and password. I was wondering if there was some kind of problem that you could help me with as being able to login and post from my home is an important subject for me.

It may be a security issue. The forum needs to write a "cookie" to your computer in order to remember your login status. You may have cookies turned off in your security settings. If so, you might try adding CADTutor.net to your "trusted sites".

I have used this same computer for logging into the forum many times in the past. So I will have to check and see what may have changed in my cookie settings. Don't recall changing anything recently on this box, but will double check it tonight. Thanks.

I have used this same computer for logging into the forum many times in the past. So I will have to check and see what may have changed in my cookie settings. Don't recall changing anything recently on this box, but will double check it tonight. Thanks.

My login screwed up a couple days ago too. Didn't think too much of it, I just typed everything in again and started working. When I logged in that day, I clicked on the "forums" button and instead of going to the forums, it popped up an error message that said "all cookies have been cleared" or something like that and took me back out the the home page. Hasn't given me any trouble since.

Just as a trouble-shooter, I would take the following action (depending on which browser you are using):

Clear the cookies and temporary internet files and restart browser

Test Login

Check Internet Browser Cookie settings, and make sure CADTutor is set to allow

Test Login

Check Anti-Virus Software Firewall and cookie settings, and possibly briefly lower settings

Test Login

Hope this helps somewhat!

Lee