AutoCAD 2010 - Bug Workaround

AlinOz

Here's a new concept - A Bug complete with Workaround presupplied.

Here I am working with 2010 and extremely pleased with its stability when I'm working in the Block Editor... First crash in nearly 2 weeks. Well, open her up again, do the usual recover and lo and behold, when I try to use the Crossing/ Window boxes to select objects, no outline, coloured box or even cursor, just a tooltip at the cursor location.

Time to check the PICK* variables - all as per installation - no joy. Back to the Options Dialog and Colors - all OK too (used to be an old problem). Mucked around with the colors (changed background color and changed it back again to my preference) to force it to give me the Apply Button and whalla, it all came back and operates as expected again.

Appears that Autodesk solved an old problem where it would crash and change the Modelspace Background color (I like a Black Modelspace and it would drop back to White on occassion), but now it appears that it can affect other color aspects of the Display... So, this workaround may work for a number of display issues in 2010

Keep this one in the memory banks everyone:D