Looking for online CAD Solution for our 3D models!

sgwilliams

I'm new to the forums here and thought I would give you a little history about our company before I ask my question. In the last 3 years our company has grown tremendously. We secured a contract with the military and have added alot more machinery to our manufacturing capacity. As of late due to the world economic crisis we have slowed down quite a bit but have survived thus far. Our main function is manufacturing and supplying our distributors with cam follower bearings. We offer a standard line as well as a custom per spec product as well. recently the owner of the company has decided to upgrade the company website and make 3d models our product available on line for our customers to download for they're convenience. The trick is to make all our product available in many different formats for whatever CAD application the end user requests. I have found only one company that offers this functionality, it is "Cadnes / Part Solutions". My question is is there any other packages available from other companies that offer the same or similar functionality.

PolyTrans & NuGraf: "Converts & optimizes all major CAD data formats to 3ds Max, Maya, XSt, Lightwave, OpenFlight, AutoCAD and dozens more 3D file formats and 3D programs." The company is Okino Computer Graphics, Inc.

Are we talking the same thing?

No the Part Solutions software uses an online database table and generates the model on the fly from the specified part configurator. Many of our competitors use this software on they're website like Misumi (I think you have to register to try the part configurator).

The way it works is the prospective customer is surfing the company website for a part , finds it, configures it by selecting the choices in each drop down for that part. then clicks on the download model button and it generates a 2d or 3d cad file in the format that you choose , dwg, dxf, ipt, sat, iges, ect. ect. Then the engineer who just downloaed this 3d or 2d file can drop it into they're assemblies and the company who made it available will be specified everytime they sell an asssembly. This is the theory anyways. I have seen this work and it works very well. also it keeps track of all the engineers who download the models and creates a sales database.

• 1 month later...

Try searching for 'polantis' .. they do exactly this for many companies including large ones like IKEA. Tell Itai that Tom from Cadyou sent you ;)