printing visuals from 3ds max for size A0 presentation!

student86

hi!

can anyone help me with a problem . I have done all my 3d work in cad, brought that in 3dsmax rendered it all lovely and saved at high resolution but the only prob is when i bring it in to illustrator/photoshop its teeny tiny!! image size is only 1.52 cm by 2.03

I seem to be missin a big step when doing my renders... How do i set the output image size to be as big as mayb a3 and keep the reso?

I am confused about the output size settings ie. 35mm etc... what should i be doing?

all help greatly appreciated asap!!

I know that when printing flyers, the DPI needs to be about 300dpi to be sharp and avoid seeing the pixels. For posters the dpi can be less (google it) because people will often be viewing it from further away.

So when you hit render, you need to check your resolution is high enough to allow for the number of pixels per inch that you will be printing at, and for A0 expect a really long render time!

You'll probably find Photoshop defaults to 300dpi for the image that it opens and your image resolution is too low.