No dwg on sheet

aubtiger77

New to site and desperately need some help.

When I drag and drop my view file (FP01) onto my sheet file all that shows up is my title block and a couple squares with a diagonal line through it (I think they are representing the dimensions)

BTW I have changed my sheet size so that is why my "live" area doesnt fit. but why is the house plan not showing up. PLEASE HELP ME

sheetfile.jpg

have you tried reloading the x-ref? The boxes with a diagonal line happen when there is no geometry for them to dimension. Check to make sure your x-ref is set to attach instead of an overlay in your view file as well.

When you drag and drop, you are not able to take the contentsof the viewport with you. Looks like you need to recreate the viewport.

When you drag and drop, you are not able to take the contentsof the viewport with you. Looks like you need to recreate the viewport.

you do take the contents, its just that the viewport display gets turned off, so you needd to selct viewport>right click>diplay viewport objects> yes

I could not get anything to make this drawing work. I ended up using a polyline to trace the walls then copied the PL to another project and then redrew the house. now the problem is when I drop the veiw file on the new sheet the error marks are on every wall. What causes this.