Please give me a sample dwg from Acad M

Raggi_Thor

I need to see how dwg files from AutoCAD Mechanical 2009 show up in Bricscad. Can someone be kind and save a sample dwg with some Acad M objects like a bolt and a nut, some balloons and a parts list? Please save two copies, with PROXYGRAPHICS turned on and off (1 or 0).

Raggi,

I tried saving with PROXYGRAPHICS as 0 but when I change it it does nothing, ie when I run the command again the setting has reverted back to 1.

Anyway, below is with setting at 1. Hope this suffices, I only grabbed a couple of random parts.

Proxygraphics 1.dwg

Thanks, that was great. I think it looks OK in Bricscad, but I can't edit the proxy objects, and that is good. If I save as R12 the proxies are converted to normal blocks that can be edited.

BcadAcadMechProxy.jpg

BcadAcadMechProxySavedAsR12.jpg

No problem Raggi I hope the info was sufficient. I must admit I learned a bit from it, so thank you too- I'd never created parts lists that way before, only by drawing them! :oops:

Btw, It looks exactly the same in AutoCAD 2010.

Maybe I need to install some Object Enablers to edit the parts list etc?

Anyway, thanks again for the file.

Acad2010WithProxyMechanical2009.jpg

Hi Raggi,

It works fine after you've moved it around, just that ACAD gives the warning on opening that it's been created in a non Autodesk product.

I'm not sure what you mean by Object Enablers?..

Raggi.JPG

Hmm, hrmf,.. I know I am asking a lot now, but would it be possible to post a drawing saved as Acad M 2008? It seems like I have only Acad 2008 and 2010, not 2009...

• 1 year later...

tell me one thing ? if i have prepare a drawing in half scale ie 50 mm distance will sketch 25mm & it will show the dimension on drawing 50mm or 25mm ?

tell me one thing ? if i have prepare a drawing in half scale ie 50 mm distance will sketch 25mm & it will show the dimension on drawing 50mm or 25mm ?

You should always draw 1:1 in Model Tab and use Layout Tab to adjust for plotting.

You using Mechanical or AutoCAD? In AutoCAD you will need to adjust your DIMLFAC or adjust the scale in the Dimstyle editor or Properties.