Scale Max viewports?

spittle

Is it possible to apply a scale to Max's viewports? All I really need to do is create a screen shot showing, top, front and side of a few models so that they're all in scale with each other.

Otherwise I face the problem of trying to get high poly models (higher than export options will allow e.g. .3DS or .dwg) into either AutoCAD or Solidworks.

for some reason Max's IGES output creates a .xlo file which Solidworks won't play with either.

STL in solidworks is also useless, I see no reason why Solidworks claims it can use STLs. Yes you can get something in there visually but you can't create a drawing from it or edit it.

I don't think there is that option in 3DS sadly, but you could take a portion of your model into AutoCAD maybe, to reduce polygons. Such as just take the roof layer for the plan view... A total faff but maybe the only way! Sorry I couldn't help further