DFT File Convertor

KevinR

I dont know if this is in the right place or not but does anyone know if you can get a dft to dxf/dwg file convertor? I have been sent a dft file when i asked for a dxf/dwg and rather than get back in touch with the person that sent (would take over 24hours) i thought i would have a look for a convertor programme but i havent found one.

I dont know if its even possible but thought someone on here might know :)

not that i know of. the filetype is for SolidEdge. You can have a look for SolidEdge to Autocad. I looked real quick and it seems that there are plug-ins for solidedge to export as a dxf/dwg but nothing i found will take the filetype you have and convert it. I think the problem is the native solidedge part file is a .par so im not sure how the .dft falls in place(never used it). I think contacting the person may be the easiest route.

not that i know of. the filetype is for SolidEdge. You can have a look for SolidEdge to Autocad. I looked real quick and it seems that there are plug-ins for solidedge to export as a dxf/dwg but nothing i found will take the filetype you have and convert it. I think the problem is the native solidedge part file is a .par so im not sure how the .dft falls in place(never used it). I think contacting the person may be the easiest route.

Thanks for answering.

Yeah as i said i had a look and i couldnt see anything, i have got back in touch with the person who sent it to see if they can do it there end :)