dwt files

Zorg

I'm going to be setting up a universal .dwt file for all new drawings produced, however, im not sure where to start. :oops: I need the .dwt file to have a list of standard factors, which, some of are:

Dim Styles

Arrow (Leader) Styles

Text Styles

Plot Styles

Linetypes

Scales (1:1, 1:5, 1:10, 1:25, 1:50 & 1:100)

Defualt Layers

I've changed my acaddoc file to now boot all my lisps when ever i run CAD but how excatly would i go about creating the .dwt file and having it load on my startup template folder? Would this also need to be a lisp that i need to dump in my acaddoc file?:huh:

Many thanks in advance,

Z

:lol:

Firstly you just need to create a blank drawing. In this drawing create all the styles and layers, scales etc that you will need. Then save as, under the option for filetype, change the format to dwt drawing template.

Then so that autocad uses this template at startup and for every other new drawing that is created, go to Options then Files here you will find an option for drawing template, change this to your newly created dwt file.

Wow, more simple than i thought! :D I supose i can apply the same process for paper space layout sheets too? ones for diffrent paper sizes A1 & A0 for example with releative title blocks? o:

Also, is there way of limiting how many scales are avialable within the drawing? I'm not sure how to set a threshold.

Z

Yes, you can set up standard layouts too, basically anything that you need in your drawing (standard blocks, page setups etc)

You can edit the scale list so that just the scales you need are there. So you can delete scales or add scales using "scalelistedit"

ah yes, im all, too far familiar with the scalelistedit! right, im gonna get stuck in and create some templates. cheers again fear. :)