Slow

Interior

I am trying to export sketch up plans (2d) for a friend into cad but is taking a very long time, i have tried on my PC with much more power the her small mac book but it still wont export. The file is large but so are the one that have already exported so you think there is a problem in the drawing maybe? is there anyway of auditing the drawing in the same way you can in cad to repair it? Pleas help this is our final project for her degree like mine and getting very desprate Many Thanks MK

Is there much 3d stuff and unecessary information? Maybe try clean out the stuff you don't need like 3d objects if you want just the plan

What exactly are you trying to export?

If it is elevations of the whole model then you are going to have to wait. SU may seem to lock up but it is thinking and will take quite a while as it is calculating every line prior to export.

If it is just floor plans then you need to use the section slice. Create a Section Plane (Tools / Section Plane) then move it where you want it to cut. Then create a section slice by context clicking (right click) one of the Section Plane arrows and choose "Create Group from Slice". Then choose File / Export / Section Slice... This will allow you to export a .dwg file of only what the section is cutting through.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

Sect1.jpg

Sect2.jpg

It is a cut section i no it freezes and have left it on over night twice and it wont export there is nothing else running i had this problem at christmas and even when they did i had to redraw them because they were the wrong size. do you think thatpurging will help?

It is possible. How big is the file now?

If it is just a cut section then copy that group to the clipboard, open a new SU session and paste it in a new file. Then export from that file.