Rotating or moving Geometry

Cad-camr

I've created an assembly and some how it is not square to my Triad. I'm a new user and a Mastercam Programmer, where I could simply transform Rotate about a point. I'm really struggling to do simple things. Any help much appreciated. Thanks

Are you trying to use Solidcam? or are you just trying to align your assembly in the file? You can manual move or rotate any component(or assembly). If you wish to "lock" it you will use the mate(paper clip icon). You can mate faces of your assemble to standard planes(top,front,right). Keep in mind the effect each mate has on your assembly and what you would like to do with it. For instance if you mate the bottom of a part to the TOP plane your part will still be free to move in 2d but it will "stick" to that top plane.

Are you creating your parts in Part files or did you create everything in your assembly?

Yes, The whole assembly was drawn in Solidworks 2009. This is a Set of Die Shoes with many parts bolted to it and some how I got it skewed while mating things together. We will later break it down and program the parts in Mastercam. Your suggetion about Mating to a plane sounds like the solution. I'm trying it. Thanks for your help!

no problem. if you cant get it to work just post back up and ill put up some screen shots for you.

also, im not sure which version or level of mastercam you are using. in X3 ive had the best luck exporting my files as iges to bring them into mastercam. If you are going to be doing all your modeling in SW from now on you may want to look into Solidcam. I think its a lot better than mastercam.

We are using Mastercam X MR2. The parts were originally designed in Mastercam and imported to Solid Works 2009 as X_T Parasolid. The lack of associativity in that process killed us when the design was changed. So we recreated all of it from scratch in SW 2009. We are new to Solidworks so were faced with a huge learning curve. I see that as a good thing. Your suggestion solved our latest problem. Thanks for taking an interest.

no problem. let me know if you get stuck on anything else. While i dont have the solids package i have been using mastercam and solidworks for awhile.

good luck.