Problem with .dws file

dinarele

Hi,

I'm completely new to creating CAD drawing standards. Could someone advise me, if it is practicable to use .dws files for standards? Also, how to insert it to the new layout without anything created yet? now, when I run standard check on the new layout it just doesn't insert all the standards i've created in the .dws file. It seems that it does insert standard layers and other objects, styles, etc just into existing drawing, which already has some layers and etc on it.

Thanks

For new drawings that need to follow your office standards I recommend creating and using a template. The following items are saved in AutoCAD drawings and templates:

Blocks

Dimension styles

Layers

Layouts

Limits

Linetypes

LTSCALE

Multiline

Snap, grid and blipmode settings

Text styles

Units

Also note that most settings (those with an icon) in the Options dialog box are saved within the drawing.

I would create a template file like you need, then create the dws file from the template file... appears you may have done it backwards, i dont think you can use a dws file to create layers and such...

The CAD standards tool you speak of will check for the following:

Dim styles and all dim settings

Layer names, color, linetype, etc.

Linetypes

Text styles, heights, fonts, etc.

The process of checking drawings against your standards can be automated by checking the settings button for automatic fixing of non-standard items as found in the Check Standards - Settings dialog box.

If you have a large number of drawings to check consider using the Batch CAD Standards Checker. It will check many drawings and even print out a report in XML language (use Internet Explorer to read).