Property linking for Feature Properties?

ivanyhtang

Hi all, I want to link the properties of a Feature, not of a part, to a note/balloon when I create drawings. Is this possible? I know you can link custom properties of the part (or assembly) files, but I can't figure out if you can do the same for Feature Properties within a part (either name or description would work for me). The "Feature Properties" dialogue box is accessible when you right-click a feature in the feature manager.

Thanks in advance!

I mean the "Name" or the "Description" that is found in the Feature Properties dialogue box. I have manually renamed each feature with a meaningful name. For example, I am building a tank with four walls, like a box. I extruded each wall separately and named them Front, Back, Left and Right. The Feature Properties dialogue box is accessible when you right-click the feature in the FeatureManager design tree.

I do not mean properties as in the length of an extrusion. I just want to be able to balloon-tag the features on a drawing with what I renamed the features. I understand a possible way of achieving the same effect is to make each item/feature as a separate part, then assemble them together. I could then tag a drawing of the assembly with the part file names but this is not practical as I have many features.

Thanks!

what type or properties are you speaking of?