Attaching two polygons/objects together

cameroon95

Hi guys,

Iv imported a step file into max. A very complex model indeed, it looks great but when i zoom in it shows that some poly's are broken/missing.

I would like to find a way of filling the gap between the polygon's, either using vertices, polys or any other method.

Here's a screenshot below of my problem. You can see the black gap between the poly's, i would like a method of filling this gap. The most efficient method is preferred!:)

I'm using an excellent program called polytrans to import the model into max.

cheers guys.

problem.jpg

That looks like a pretty messy import. I think it's going to take a lot of work to repair it. Where did you get this model? I don't suppose you could post the step file here?

I think you are just going to have to create new poly's to fill the gaps.

Its a large file from another company we work with. Unfortunately i can't post the model here:(, its massive in size and work regulations apply.

Im going to ask the guy to have a play with his settings. But i might just have to start re-drawing poly's...