help, computer specs for 2d rendering

meow x

hi, need pc which runs flight simulator x & rendering work using autocad & photoshop, predominately used for 2d work...with a wee bit of usage using 3d.

have read tons regarding using a workstation graphics card vs a high end gaming card???

i think im going crazyyyyyy

can someone pls clarify which card is best for my situation ?

what performance would i get from cad using a gtx 260 ( as that card is within my budget)

also i read that the gtx 260 cant be soft modded? is it best to go for a high end card, or a older 9800gtx, or 8800gtc & soft mod? ideally i dont want to soft mod IF the gaming cards performs well in cad 2d applications

kind regards

meow x

Doesn't sound like CAD usage will be dictating your choice of cards but rather gaming. I've read that nVidia has taken away the ability to soft-mod their newer gamings cards for AutoCAD (OpenGL) use.

For what you want to do stick with your GTX 260 card.

hi thanks for the reply

does anyone know how stable gtx 260 is running auto cad 2010 w 3d rendering?

i see you have a 8800 gtx, have you soft modded this card?

as 260 & 8800gtx is in the same price range now, which card would you recommend?

taking into account 8800gtx soft modded capabilities?

thanks

meow x

I did not bother with a soft-mod as it wasn't an option. I don't do a lot of rendering as I work for a chemical company mostly working on piping schematics and building layouts (office/research/process).