tool pallete - more objects

bjenk8100

Hello,

I am using autocad 2009. If I go to tools>palletes and it displays the different types of drawing objects (arch, structure, mechanical, etc). I clicked on architecture and there are only a few objects in there. Are there anymore anywhere or can I go somewhere and get more. Do I have to create my own? I am sure it is useful to create your own and save them in the pallete but I would think that there should be a few more than the small amount that is currently in my tool pallete.

Also, is it possible to write mathematical equations in the command area for lines and curves and stuff. Have not really tried to do it but am curious because that could be something to work on to learn and get more comfortable with ACAD09.

Thanks,

Brian

If by "objects" you are referring to blocks then yes, there are architectural blocks available on the Internet you can download to populate your tool palette. You can also create your own. Forum members have posted links to web sites where blocks of many different types can be found. Use the Search feature at the top of the page to bring up some of the threads re: architectural blocks.

You might want to take a look at QuickCalc for those mathematical equations. Refer to your Help files for more information.