Request for help using ACAD Arch and Vista

Timber

Hi folks,

I'm new to the forum and am looking forward to being a regular here.

But first I need to get past some hardware/software issues.

I'm using a fairly new HP Pavilion Notebook computer #dv9930 with Windows Vista...64 bit.

Not one ACAD architecture will work on this computer.

I purchased a student copy from Autodesk, installed it and uninstalled it several times because of the same error.

As soon as I try to use the 3d orbit option, the program goes into an infinite loop, locks up..the screen turns white and then the program freezes.

The only way I can close it is by starting task manager and closing it that way.

I have returned my original copy of ACAD arch student back to Autodesk. Received a new copy and the same thing happens.

I uninstalled it, and then installed ACAD 2009 as well as ACAD 2010 Arch from a free download from Autodesk. The same things happen.

I'm thinking it is this computer, but don't know what settings to change if any.

Also, I always installed the 64 bit options on all ACAD versions....whether it was my bought copy or the free student download. The 32 bit option won't even load so that route is out.

Any thought?....

Thanks.........Tim

Hi folks,

I'm new to the forum and am looking forward to being a regular here.

But first I need to get past some hardware/software issues.

I'm using a fairly new HP Pavilion Notebook computer #dv9930 with Windows Vista...64 bit.

Not one ACAD architecture will work on this computer.

I purchased a student copy from Autodesk, installed it and uninstalled it several times because of the same error.

As soon as I try to use the 3d orbit option, the program goes into an infinite loop, locks up..the screen turns white and then the program freezes.

The only way I can close it is by starting task manager and closing it that way.

I have returned my original copy of ACAD arch student back to Autodesk. Received a new copy and the same thing happens.

I uninstalled it, and then installed ACAD 2009 as well as ACAD 2010 Arch from a free download from Autodesk. The same things happen.

I'm thinking it is this computer, but don't know what settings to change if any.

Also, I always installed the 64 bit options on all ACAD versions....whether it was my bought copy or the free student download. The 32 bit option won't even load so that route is out.

Any thought?....

Thanks.........Tim

Welcome to the forums timber!

Enjoy AutoCAD, it is fun! :)

Sorry but, I use XP Pro, 32, no experience with the 64 bit "stuff."

Start here!

http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/course/48-568/2DVideosWEB_files/frame.htm

HP Pavilion dv9930 laptop:

Core 2 Duo T5750/2GHz

2MB L2 cache

GPU: nVidia GeForce 8600 GS w/512MB video memory

2 SO DIMM slots with 2-200 pin DDR2 SDRAM modules for a max of 4GB

320GB hard drive, 5400 rpm

Sound about right?

Advertised as a light-weight gaming laptop utilising DirectX 10.

That sounds about right Remark.

This laptop can do anything accept Autocad...the one program I need...lol

Tankman, I have an older '02 HP with XP pro. I believe the same error occured on the bought copy. I'll give the free download a try.

thanks.....Tim