Removal of attributes from blocks?

LebronJames23

May i know how do i separate an attributable block'c attributes without compromising the properties of the block i.e. colour, font and lineweight etc? I am presently using AutoCAD 2002, but sometimes cross-platform usage has also yield different results. For example by editing in AutoCAD 2008, AutoCAD 2002 would pick up the attributable blocks would reflect the attributes on a separate location on the model space. Would any kind soul kindly enlighten me on the following discrepancies? Greatly appreciate any help rendered thank you.

you just want to remove a particular attribute from a block?

In 2008 (or any with BEDIT) BEDIT the block, delete the ATTDEF, close BEDIT and accept redefine.

Earlier versions you either need to WBLOCK the block, open that file and delete the attribute then re-insert the file or explode the block and delete the ATTDEF and reblock the component parts.

At some point you will be asked if you want to redefine the block - you do.

Whichever method you use you need to ATTSYNC the block. However, this may only be available on later releases. Once that has been done the attribute will disappear.