ShapeMerge issue in 3ds max 2010

NickGv1

I've just been working through the 3DS tutorials on this site and have run into a problem. In the 'Surfaces' tutorial under the Create a 3D Landscape section, I've worked through the first few steps:

1. Open the file kf302_01.max
  2. Selected Contours meadows
  3. Created a Terrain Object

I've then tried to create the ShapeMerge object usiung the cookie cutter option. This worked fine until I selected the Wall.02 object at which point the whole terrain disappers. I've moved the terrain so its both above and below the shape objects whilst creating the ShapeMerge and I still get the same issue.

Any advice would be gratfully received

Nick

Yes, I've just tried working through that tutorial and have encountered the same problem. I was able to do the walls, wall ends and bdy sundial, but when I started removing the steps, I was only able to take out the top 2 and the bottom 2. When I tried to take out the middle steps, the terrain disappeared. So I hit Ctrl+Z to bring the terrain back and then Converted it to an Editable Mesh and manually deleted the rest of the poly's. You will also find a lot of small leftover poly's that need to be deleted too. So just do a little cleanup work and you will be back in business.