LT 2010 Measure Command Strips Off Attributes

TigerByTheTail

I am using LT 2010 to draw cable route drawings along railroads and highways. I have a block that contains a small tick mark and 1 attribute. I use the block to put 100' ticks along a cable running line (a poly line). The attributes are modified to show 1+00, 2+00, etc.

When I insert my block manually with the INSERT command, it's ok. When I use the MEASURE command to insert the block along my poly line, it inserts the block, but strips off the attribute.

I tried shutting down LT, tried to reinsert the block, but nothing fixed this problem.

When you insert that block, you have a prompt to input attribute text.

The "measure" command wouldn't allow attribute editing. I don't know how full AutoCAD handles it, but I tried it on a "clone" cad program; it too strips the attribute,

That's not an option in LT. Just found a help file where it specifically states...

If the block has variable attributes, these attributes are not included.