SDI Mode initial settings

CJJ

I have a user who is experiencing problems with LDD. He is running Civil 3D Land Desktop Companion 2008 on WinXP.

Basically, whenever he wants to open or create a new drawing, he gets a message saying "This command is only supported when SDI mode is 0" so he'll have to set SDI to 0 from the command line. He has to do this every time because AutoCAD automatically sets SDI back to 1.

I'm not sure, but the users says the problem has only started happening in the past month, and that before that he could open drawings without any issues.

Is there a way for AutoCAD to remember that SDI mode should be turned off? Any idea what could have changed in his software to cause this, since apparently it only started recently?

I have a user who is experiencing problems with LDD. He is running Civil 3D Land Desktop Companion 2008 on WinXP.

Basically, whenever he wants to open or create a new drawing, he gets a message saying "This command is only supported when SDI mode is 0" so he'll have to set SDI to 0 from the command line. He has to do this every time because AutoCAD automatically sets SDI back to 1.

I'm not sure, but the users says the problem has only started happening in the past month, and that before that he could open drawings without any issues.

Is there a way for AutoCAD to remember that SDI mode should be turned off? Any idea what could have changed in his software to cause this, since apparently it only started recently?

Sounds like something is being loaded that's changing the variable.

I don't think that anything is being loaded other than the basic LDC stuff, no new software has been installed and he doesn't seem to have any sort of AutoCAD add-ons or anything like that.

Is there a way that I could change SDI's default value to 0?