soft copies and hard copies

ectech

Dear all,

Is there any method to check both hard copies and soft copies is the same ? Because we found that some print out is not the same as the autocad *.dwg.

Thanks !

if the users just update the revision block and use the plot stamp but the *.dwg files is still use the old version. it is quite difficult to check.

I usually write protect the file. The attribute is easily removed but, does serve as a warning.

Open in use, the file will ask for a new name, won't save in place of a protected *.dwg file.

I.E.: Cadtutor.dwg, make a revision, I would save as Cadtutor-A.dwg (or whatever). And so on, Cadturor-B.dwg.

The drawing would also be changed, the Rev block to A, B,C, or whatever.

The Rev is then detailed in the block, the revision area.

TITLE-BLOCK-CADTUTOR.jpg

I usually write protect the file. The attribute is easily removed but, does serve as a warning.

Open in use, the file will ask for a new name, won't save in place of a protected *.dwg file.

I.E.: Cadtutor.dwg, make a revision, I would save as Cadtutor-A.dwg (or whatever). And so on, Cadturor-B.dwg.

The drawing would also be changed, the Rev block to A, B,C, or whatever.

The Rev is then detailed in the block, the revision area.

The problem is the hard and software copies is received from client, it hard to control they use this method to control the revision.

You can scan the hard copy and use it as a background in acad and check visualy for differences, but it's a lot of work.

yes ! but if the drawing size is A1 or more it is quite difficult to comapre. do you think is there any others method such as lisp to compare image and CAD file.

Thanks !

I have seen some lisp to compare drawings, but those won't work with a scanned and vectorized dwg. I don't see any easy solution.

Thanks ! I think we need to use the old method, plot the CAD dwg on tracing paper and put it on top of the hard copy, use my eye to comapre ...:cry:

In that case it may be easier to do it in AutoCAD.

Put tha scanned dwg in the back with thin red lines.

Put the other dwg in fromt with thicker yellow lines.

Then you will see differences quite easily.

scan and attached or print and spot as you've mentioned are the usual methods. i think it will take time to scan and compare printouts to soft copies specially A1 or A0 sizes. i sometimes get a decent digital cam and tripod, tape the drawings on the wall and take shots which i later underlay with the autocad files. but it's very rough though and might or might not work, depending on how complicated your drawings are.