"Not" Homework

Sizer

OK, I had a bash at the homework that other people have posted up (bearing housing)

If I have the plan views of it, is it possible to import the DWG into 3ds and 3ds make a 3d model for me from the the plan or is that just wishful thinking?

Well, yes and no.

Yes, you can Import the dwg to Max and then Extrude out various objects from the plan views, but you won't be able to do the whole thing in one shot. You would have to Extrude it in pieces and then Boolean it all together. Then you will have to go through and fix any areas that didn't Boolean correctly. Then you will have to fillet and radius the sharp edges and probably manually blend it where the pieces come together. So, yes it can be done, but it probably won't be as easy as you were hoping.

Fair comment, I saw someone had done a 3d view of it so figured for some practice I may try it. Might be a bit to complex for me at the moment..but it can be a back burner project..