Upgrade query

gfraser

I have just upgraded to autocad 2010 with an upgrade disk as opposed to a new stand alone version of 2010 so 2009 is still installed on the machine. When i try to open a drawing, it keeps wanting to open with 2009 instead of the new 2010 which is even open at the time.

I have tried changing to properties of the drawing to open with 2010 but this now causes the drawing to attempt to open with 2009 and then give an error. There may be a really simple cure for this problem but I cant find it. Any suggestions?

This problem occurs when opening drawings through folders. If I open through autocad 2010 it works but seems to be alot slower.

Cheers in advance.

I believe it's a Windows Registry thing (I think so anyways, I'm no computer guru here). All I've done to fix this is to NOT open the file through an Explorer window, and instead do a File > Open through AutoCAD 2010 for awhile and then when I get to a stopping point, restart the computer. This will sink into the registry and make the changes for you. That's been my luck anyways, so try that. 8)

You can drag the file over into your AutoCAD screen, but not in the graphics area. If you drag a dwg file to the graphics area it will be inserted, if you drop it on a tool bar, or the command line, for example it will open the file.