ATC - writing a manual

rocneasta

So the time came for me to show my colors in my field of work. Since i work in an Autodesk ATC i was suggested to write a handbook of advanced use of Autocad 2010 version, since we're completely moving over to that version during some time first quarter next year. My deadline is 31st of December, it's tight but i think i can manage it.

so help me help others, by that i mean if you have any practical solutions or advices to listed topics, type some input. Even though i have theoretical and practical knowledge for over 10 years now, i know that there's a lot of things that i'm not aware of and that might occur on every day basis

basically topics are

ml, revcloud, wipeout, bo, reg

qselect, qc, purge, div, mea

annotation dimensioning

tool palettes, xref

b, att, dynamic blocks

layout management (states, filters, groups)

layout and views

plotting

sheet sets

tables

parametric constraints

i'm looking for really practical issues that might occur and advices on how and where to use something. Sometimes bringing something to the attendants of lecture is more important than giving them entire theoretical knowledge. By many practical implementation they will quickly see where and when to use it, and then the knowledge becomes powerful, as opposed to knowing all the ways to get to the command, when it will bug out, or how it affects other things turned on or off...

tnx for your help

cheers,

roc

Instead of trying to reinvent the wheel just buy a book or ebook that already exists. You don't have a lot of time to produce a book of that magnitude.

http://www.upfrontezine.com/

or perhaps amazon.com for published 2010 books.

I am not suggesting you plagurize, just adopt one of those and buy copies for the class.

i'm not trying to reinvent the wheel, since i have been teaching with the manual for autocad intermediate, and i know what to cover, it's the practical implementation, problems and use that are never explained the way they should be. just wanted to get kinda like tips and tricks in the aforesaid areas. But i know the book can be written without those added value, just wanted to give it some more weight.

I am not sure I know what you are after, but I think I would start with searching those key commands that you listed on this site and see what questions have come up here. If you find something several times, it might be worth to add to your manual.

Otherwise I'd say keep it as a work in progress, when you get a question and find the answer, add it to the manual.