AMLibrary editing problems - AcadMech09

Marklsr

I am using AutoCad Mechanical 2009. We have an existing library of parts and blocks. I am upgrading some of the parts to dynamic blocks. I hope to delete many of the current library items once the new blocks are in place. Here's my problem, when I make a new directory with the new block dwg files, everything sets up correctly. Once you close and reopen the library, many of the file names become corrupted. If a file is currently F2508 it reopens with 25 8 and of course loses the relationship with the original file and sld file. If I delete the .glf files and start over, the library once again starts out fine until it is reopened.

Any suggestions for a fix to this? I know the library is "old school". I have many "old school" users. If you have an alternate solution that is as easy to use and setup as the library, I am open to suggestions. Thanks!

• 1 month later...