osnaps missing from MEP 2010

curti5

I am running AMEP 2010 with Windows 7. I downloaded MEP 2010 from a link my teacher gave me to the AutoDesk site so I have no disc. I can shift right click and pick specific osnaps but the running osnaps are all missing from the drafting settings dialog box. The DS dialog box has three areas to list osnaps, General, AutoCAD Arch and ACAD MEP. All three areas are blank. Anyone have this problem?

If this is a download issue, is there a repair function available through AutoDesk?

from a link my teacher gave me to the AutoDesk

All three areas are blank. Anyone have this problem?

From what link?

Post an image to show the problem.

The Trial and Educational versions are the exact some content from the disc... only packaged up into one down-loadable installer as far as I know. The problem might be Windows 7, but who knows. That's a very weird error. Can you post a screenshot of the Drafting Settings dialog box just so I can see the error?

A link to the AutoDesk website. Posting that link isn't going to help. The missing, running object snaps are the issue.

just want it to make sure the installation was a valid one.

And appears that it is a bug introduced for this new version on this OS, try to load the AutoCAD profile - and see if that get you back the dialog with the right display.

hth.

I would be like to post a screen shot but do not know what the procedure is. If someone can explain how to do it I will.

If you don't have a program like snagit.

- While having the AutoCAD open and the dialog box shown.

- Click on the 'Print Scren' key

- Then open a new Bitmap image document (edit)

- And use 'Paste (from the right-click options)

- Save it and follow the size and dimensions allowed here.

HTH

I tried both print screen on my keyboard and Alt + Print screen and neither worked. Nothing happened. What's snagit?

The capture goes to the "clipboard".

Then, you need to open a new Bitmap image file and paste there.

Snagit it is a screen capture program... do a google search and will give a lot of links.

- Also did you already tried what I mention on one of my previous posts? and did it works?

I tried changing the profile (in the "options" dialog box and profiles tab) to AutoCAD Classic and then change my Workspace settings on the drawing task bar to AutoCAD and the object snaps show up like they are supposed to (Shift, right click on Osnap button, settings, then the drafting settings dialog box with the osnaps selection appears) but when I return to MEP profile and MEP workspace they are missing again.

Sorry this is taking so long but I've been trying to figure out snagit and it will only save a txt file not an image unless I spend $50.00. As far as your other instructions I do not know how to turn what is on my clipboard into a BMP file.

I appreciate you sticking with this LEsq, as you can see only you and StykFacE have the patience.

I tried changing the profile (in the "options" dialog box and profiles tab) to AutoCAD Classic and then change my Workspace settings on the drawing task bar to AutoCAD and the object snaps show up like they are supposed to (Shift, right click on Osnap button, settings, then the drafting settings dialog box with the osnaps selection appears) but when I return to MEP profile and MEP workspace they are missing again.

Sorry this is taking so long but I've been trying to figure out snagit and it will only save a txt file not an image unless I spend $50.00. As far as your other instructions I do not know how to turn what is on my clipboard into a BMP file.

I appreciate you sticking with this LEsq, as you can see only you and StykFacE have the patience.

Forget about snagit and how to make the clipboard - leave it for a future topic or something like that... and go back to the original problem.

Maybe you will need to get a copy of the MEP profile and load that one.

Or try to reset the one you have.

If none works, then it is a MEP 2010 *BUG* and you need to report that to adesk... and maybe they will some day read it and fix it.

HTH

While your were posting I got a jpg of my empty drafting settings dialog box. Anything bigger and it would have been over the kb limit.

Anyway, thanks for your help and happy holidays. Alan

Capture2.JPG

Voilá! Looks like there's a known issue and currently a fix is in the works: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14056444&linkID=9240657

I guess just hang tight until they release a hotfix and/or service pack. Or from what they're saying it might be a video hardware issue, so follow their steps and/or check to make sure your graphics card has a tested and certified driver available on their graphics hardware support list. Just keep checking in about once a week until there's a fix. One thing to do, is to keep the MEP Snaps all turned on (I'm assuming you can simply because in your screenshot the box is checked in the AutoCAD MEP section) and then learn your OSMODE number. Or try and set it by right-clicking the OSNAP button at the bottom left of the AutoCAD MEP interface, as shown below in the screenshot:

dsettings.png

This will at least be a work around until the issue gets resolved. 8)