Autoshutdown on Startup

TheatreGeek

Okay, this is driving me nuts. The day I installed AutoCAD 2010, free student edition, it worked just fine. The next day when I attempted to start up the program, it started as usual, but as soon as the program got to opening a blank document, it immediately shut down.

Now I've tried to repair, and to reinstall, but neither have worked. I uninstalled, and installed again, and it worked again, but for only the one day. This is very frustrating as I have a class that I must complete in the program!

Any help on this issue would be appreciated.

Here are my computer specs:

Operating System: Microsoft Vista Ultimate 32-bit, SP2

Computer: Dell XPS M1730

CPU: Intel Core 2 Extreme X7900, 2.80 GHz

RAM: DDR2, 4 GB

Graphics: Dual Nvidia GeForce 8700M GTs

Hard Disk: Toshiba MK2051GSY ATA, 200 GB

Have you registered it and have a serial for it from AutoDesk?

Yes, I have. I entered it both times I have had to install it now, and everything seems to work just fine until I shutdown the program. The next time I try to start it, it won't open.

I applied all the possibly-relevant fixes on that page (which, by the way, thank you for linking!), but it still hasn't helped. I'm going to do a restart. I didn't see that any of the hotfixes required restarts, but I'm hoping it might help. I'll keep you posted. This is driving me nuts so far.

Windows Vista? You need, per AutoDesk, at a minimum...

"Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon dual-core processor, 3 GHz or higher with SSE2 technology."

Windows Vista? You need, per AutoDesk, at a minimum...

"Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon dual-core processor, 3 GHz or higher with SSE2 technology."

Lol, that is 2 totally different processors not even close in performance. How do they come up with that? :shock:

His processor is next gen core 2 @2.8, it is easily 4 times faster than that requirement.

I've had no problem running the program when I can actually get it to load, but like I said, aside from directly after a fresh install, AutoCAD 2010 will not fully load. It goes through the loading screen, then begins opening the program, but before it can even get to loading a blank drawing or loading the ribbon, it shuts itself back down. No error comes up or anything, it just closes itself.