the best software for preparing PDF file

The Courage Dog

Hi, we are in Design consulting firm, we produce a lot PDF file for clients. Our current PDF driver/generator is only PDF995 which free from net. We are planning to purchase the best PDF generator software in order to improve our way of producing PDF files. Can anybody advice me what is the best, i heard Adobe Acrobat professional 9 extended is good.

your advice is very appreciated.

regards,

the courage dog

Generally about 90% of users on here use CutePDF. It's simple but effective.

It would all really depend on what you were looking to achieve.

Adobe pro is great, but expensive.

You also may want to look at a cheaper and easier alternative like bluebeam which is a fraction of the price.

http://www.bluebeam.com/

just noticed that the have one specifically for cad!

hi, is the CUTEPDF has the features of selecting the path location where the PDF file will be saved without asking the filename? We use E-transmit and Publish to generate hundreds (sometimes thousands) of PDF file one at a time.

What is the price of CUTEPDF?

Yes, Cute pdf asks you where you want to store the file, It usually default asks if you want to save it as the file name.

unforunately the free version publishes 1 file at a time, but the pro version gives you a better option, check it out.

Its free here

http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/Pro.asp

There is also a pro version which is around $50

• 1 month later...

There are some very good drawing management applications on the market that not only automate the generation of PDF but also include a lot of other nice features i.e. handling of various revision rules, providing limited access to certain revisions etc. We have a lot of clients using autoCAd and these products to ease the process and also reduce risk of costly errors.

• 4 weeks later...
or AcroPlot... by cadzation.com

I have used AcroPlot Pro before and highly recommend it. Price is very reasonable for multiple seats.

or AcroPlot... by cadzation.com

This is the best hands down. Only one thing sucks about it.... last time I checked it doesn't utilize AutoCAD 2010 yet. I'm still waiting on that. :(

I use Adobe Pro, never had a problem.

A footlocker with numerous editing features, including locking the file, block printing, many more.

And, other than an image, you can edit text (text documents).

I haven't tried AcroPlot however, the *.pdf program does get great reviews.

• 1 month later...