Dimensions

pronetas

hello I'm havering trouble with CAD and Sketch up , i `v done cad project of the house plan and now i need it to process into 3d so i did import it and everything else , but problem is that dimensions given on plan is in inches and in cad file it is made with meters so i cant scale it to the write dimensions , i did try to open as a new template and a template that has been used with inches its frustrating that nothing helps . Is there a way to fix it ? Thank you !

I need it in inches ,and no i dont advice about that i just was trying to make it manually i mean scale the whole plan to the other plan that is in inches because when i copy the plan with meters into plan with inches its 20 times bigger . so i had to try scale it to that size but it didnt work. Icould give .skp files so could take a look at it .

:? You drew the house, right? It is in metric and now you want it in feet and inches?

"i `v done cad project of the house plan and now i need it to process into 3d so i did import it and everything else"

OK, you had the plan dimensioned in feet and inches but you drew it in metric? Why did you not draw it in feet and inches?

"problem is that dimensions given on plan is in inches and in cad file it is made with meters"

Well you can scale your drawing in CAD, remember that 1" is about 25.4mm. When you bring it back into SU make sure you have your import units set to feet if this is what you want.

the plan was given to me, and i only drew there i had to change the man who gave it to me said it is in inches , but its not , im so frustrated , my teacher cant even tell how to do it said he cant talk and take a look at videos in youtube.. im so lost , i have to finish it unlit 6 evening today

Well use the scale command in autocad. Do a distance command on a line and see what it's length is. Say it is 3m well 3m is about 118" or 9'-10" (of course there is some rounding in that)

That or change the sketchup file you are importing to Meters. Import your cad then change the sketchup file to Feet-inches. See if that works.