invalid drive

bjenk8100

Hello,

I got a new pc at work and we are getting autocad10. I downloaded it from autocad.com to use the free 30 day trial to make sure alls well adn then we are going to by the key for the full product. I downloaded it successfully to the c://. I run the setup.ede and autodesks' install screen pops u. I hit normal install and this error comes up - error 1327.Invalid Drive:u8x. I have googled it and everything but cant really find anything helping. I really need to get on these drawings so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

brian

C:// is incorrect. Your root drive is C:\. There is a big difference.

The download is on your C:\ drive and you're installing to the C:\ drive right?

i am going to try to login to administrator and see what happens. It is saved to c:// drive and when we try to install it it tries to install in the u:// shared drive for soem reason

The root drive of your computer should be referred to as C:\.

The shared drive should be referred to as U:\.

Is there no provision for designating the drive to be installed to?

we got it to work. you have to install it to your local username to your pc. The techies screwed up my user name and admin privelages. Still weird that error popped up though. tnx bud!