Layers

MisterJingles

Hi guys

I have a small issue.

When I want to change between layers using the dropdown menu on the ribbon it only shows me my current layer.

This has only been happening for around a week now and also only happens on this drawing, the rest are normal.

So I have to keep going to LPM everytime I want to change layers.

It didnt bother me enough to seek a solution until today where now after making a layer current in LPM, the layer dropdown box is blank. If I click it my previously used layer is the only option for selection.

Is this just a setting or what?

Thanks

Rob

I know that if I filter the layers in the Layer Manager (i.e. click on one xref to see just those layers) and then forget to click on All so I see all the layers - then I only get that selection in the Layer drop down box.... but to see only one layer, that shouldn't be because of this.

Ok I think Ive solved it.

You may have been right Ms Tiger, if I set focus to "All" in the Filter block in LPM I can see all my layers in my ribbon, thus if I set focus to xref I can only see the layers applicable to the xref.

I cant get it to repeat where I can see only 1 layer though. At least I know how to fix it if it happens again. In that event I will also post here why it happened.

Thanks

I just thought of a possible reason - if you tick the box Invert at the bottom of the Layer Manager and then select All, then you should only see the current layer since Invert means you see everything except what you set focus to- but it can never filter away the current layer.