Multiline Text

Hi

I am using Autocad 2010 and have found a problem with text formatting. In previous editions I would double click the text and enter the format editor then highlight the text and click the button to change beween upper and lower case. Now when I click either button the text just disappears, I have also tried to right click and change between the two but the same still happens.

Matt

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, I even tried to reinstall today when the problem occured however it told me I was upto date and this wasn't needed.

Alright. Well give me a moment to test this on my system as I too am running 2010. In the words of the Terminator...

I'll be back.

That was quick wasn't it?

My effort to duplicate your problem of highlighting text and changing the case failed to reproduce your problem.

When did the problem first occur?

Are you the originator of the drawing or did you receive it from another source?

I first noticed it yesterday and all the drawings originated from myself, I have also tried older drawings I have saved and also deleting the icon from the text tool bar and then replacing it but this also didn't work. To be honest it's no big problem as I can just turn on caps but it's just so annoying when your PC randomly decides it knows best.

Oh man...never just "delete an icon". My goodness. You wouldn't just rip out a spark plug wire and throw it away because your car back fired would you?

Well one approach might be to try the REPAIR option in Add/Remove Programs.

pOSSIBLY SHOULD HAVE USED THE WORD REMOVED RATHER THAN DELETED, ******, forgot I'd turned on caps lock, changed my mind this is a big problem then first thought, I have repaired my autocad 2010 and the problem still continues.

A Repair failed to fix the problem. Yes, I agree...it doesn't sound good.

Can you try something for me?

Select the text as you normally do (double-click and highlight) but this time, instead of clicking the icon for Upper to Lower case press the following key combination Ctrl+Shift+L. Does the text change to lower case?

Sorry for the delay but the problem is solved I can now use upper and lower case. The solution, uninstall and reinstall 2010. The next problem is why my PC decided to crash and cause me to spend all this time from our last chat to reinstall everything on it. The joys of working with a computer.

Thank you for your quick response this is the first time I have used Cadtutor (although other peoples problems have helped me to resolve my own) I have no idea what the real problem was except it must be in relation to my system crash.

Again many thanks

Matt

You're entirely welcomed Matt.

It's unfortunate that it has to take that level of effort (uninstall then reinstall) to fix what appears to be a fairly simple problem.

I'm glad to hear that you have solved your problem and thanks for updating as well.

We hope you'll return to CADTutor in the future and encourage your CAD contempories to join us as well.

ReMark