Electrical symbol standards?

ProCon Automation

My company has just decided to take on the electrical drafting for a refrigeration company.

I'm learning and using AutoCAD LT 2010 so I can do the drafting for my boss and was wondering if any of you guys here could help me out.

In my draft I need to have the symbols for say compressors, fans, sensors etc. and I was wondering if there is any standard that must be followed and if anyone could link me to some blocks of these things and other electrical drafting symbols that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :lol:

We use the NBN or IEC 617 standards here (europe) don't know if they're the same as the American standards though :).

Thanks for the help guys. Much appreciated.

Also Tommy78, I'm actually based in Australia but I'll do some research into what we work with over here. :)

And Ryder76 thanks for the links, those symbols were very handy to base my own blocks on.

Everything is going along nicely with my drawings guys. Thanks a heap for your help.:D

We use the NBN or IEC 617 standards here (europe) don't know if they're the same as the American standards though :).
the european and USA standards are quite different. Many items are close enough to interpret easilly but some are VERY different. I find USA relay contacts especially confusing. I would expect Australian standards to again be similar to both but identical to neither.

Also, if you pick up symbols off the net as ready made blocks don't forget that they will be a different size. A metric one would be about 15mm (units long) but a USA one will NEVER be 15" (units) long. Use them to get an idea of proportions but don't just insert them.