Leader control issues

Hey all-

I've been searching around for a while to no avail. I'm trying to the use the sidebar flyout that has a tool called "Leader - Circle". When I use it the text is always in Romans font. Current Text Style is not Romans, current Dim Style does not have Romans associated with it, current Multileader Style does not have Romans associated with it. What controls the text style of the "Leader - Circle" tool??

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• t1320t

• Ryder76

• Dana W

• gsksun4

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The setting is in multileader styles. Select the leader style you want to use and modify it or create a new one. Look in the Content tab and where it says type select mtext. It will have boxes below it to select the font style you want to use. Then if you want a bubble go back to multileader type and pick block, then select the circle. That should do it.

I've been playing w the command but can't find a way to control the dimgap. Is there any way to control it or is it fixed?

When you say DIMGAP do you mean the distance between the leader landing and the text that follows? In the multileader styles, go modify, Leader Structure tab and see Landing settings. Or what you need may be under Leader Format tab, Leader break.

Yeah, that's what I was referring to when I said DIMGAP. I'd like to be able to tighten the gap between the text and the circle/hex/triangle. I adjusted both of those variables & neither seemed to affect it.

On the Leader Structure tab try de-selecting the button that says Automatically include landing and see if that does it.

Also back to my first post -

Under "Content" if you select Mtext a window shows up and at the bottom where the Leader Connection area is you will see Landing Gap. Try changing the setting there and then change your type back to circle - see if that does it.

No dice. Thanks for the suggestions. When I de-select that, it eliminates the prompting for a landing distance when I fire up the command.

Just keep monkeying around in there. I'm sure you will find it. I always create a new test style while I'm fiddling with something. Then when I get it figured out I set a standard name for it.

What Ryder suggested works here, Content tab, Horizontal attachment, Landing gap, set to smaller value. I have 2010, that might be the difference.

mleader content.png

I'm using 2009 & have the same options also with the exception of the Horizontal attachment and Vertical attachment under Leader connection.

• 4 weeks later...

Look at the block for the circle, box, triangle thingy. Maybe the block editor will show you what's wrong. I took a look in my 2009 and can only change the position of the text, at least as far as I can tell. Maybe this will give you an idea anyway. I thought it may have something to do with the alignment or insertion point of the text object itself.

Look at the block for the circle, box, triangle thingy. Maybe the block editor will show you what's wrong. I took a look in my 2009 and can only change the position of the text, at least as far as I can tell. Maybe this will give you an idea anyway. I thought it may have something to do with the alignment or insertion point of the text object itself.

If the text you want to put in the slot, box, etc. wont fit, can you stretch/edit the block? And if so, where are these blocks located? I don't see anywhere inside the command to do this.

Glenn

2009LT