howto convert language and typeset in autocad 2010 mechanical

martineXaut

hello all,

i got a big problem.

our company has got its headquater in austria and is building a subsidiary in Serbia at the moment.

most of the autocad work we do is to prepare the plans we get from our customers for the people in our production areas.

it is planned that the subsidiary in serbia will work for the headquater and vice versa.

whats the problem in the future now?

i get the plans in austria in german language (latin typeset) and send them to serbia where my autocad team has to convert the german language to serbian (croatian) language and vice versa (i think they´d have to change the terms in the parts list and autocad would take the therms to the plan ... isn´t it?).

But: if we do errection work in serbia we have to do the planning for submission in cyrillic typeset (cause it is the officialese there).

so my question is, is there any possibility in autocad to use a converter plugin for the language and typeset conversion or do i have to do this for each plan we need by hand?

thanks you for your help...

If AutoDesk were to offer a "converter" as you call it for every language combination in the world the programmers wouldn't have time to write new code for the program itself. I haven't come across any converter plugins for language or typeset conversion. I guess this is a price you pay for being multinational.

i would be curious how other multinational cad users handle that kind of problems...

@remark ... so you dont think there may be a possibility to add any kind of third party plugin?

Translation is not just to exchange the letter A for the cyrillic letter A - if it was that easy, I am pretty sure that there would be a simple tool for it.

I work with plans in English, Norweigan and Swedish - we simply translate as we go along. It's not that large amount of text on the plans, and we almost never have plans in more than one language so it's more about decidiing from the start what language to use and stick with it.

For your problem, I would hope that the language thing is something that is specified in the contract, with clear directions on who does the translation and how much it will cost.

One would think that the parties in question could come up with a mutual agreement on what was going to be the "official language" used to speed the process along and reduce the costs associated with translating.

• 2 months later...

I would suggest you could have German on one layer and cyrillic on another. I'm thinking you could copy all German text to a new layer - extract this text out and use a translation software and then re insert. You will need have a human check the conversion. You might like to contact CSOFT www.csoft.com as their products are written in Russia and they deal with both language sets. They have a big commerial arm in Russia that might be able to offer a better solution. I can give you a contact name or two if you want