Erased Objects are still there until I zoom

I am working in a 3D AutoCAD drawing and when I erase or trim objects in paperspace, they do not immediately disappear. I have to zoom in or out before they will go away. Another issue (maybe the same) is when I open the multitext editor, I can see the drawing in the background of the text window and it is annoying – makes it hard to see the text.

Perhaps it's a function of your graphics card. What are the specs on your computer and specifically what make/model graphics card are you using?

I don't have the problem in every drawing. I guess if it were the graphics card I probably would. I have discovered that my coworkers are having the same problem.

This happens to me from time to time... What I do is (don't know how it works but it works)

Erase (hit enter)

(type) ALL (hit enter)

R (hit enter)

then remove what I want to keep (not the odd thing that should be there).

(hit enter)

And they should delete....

Please let me know it this works for you.

Regards,

DECHAL.

• 3 weeks later...

Well drifter15, I'm posting because it is a problem for me. I am happy it is not a problem for you. If you don't have a solution, don't post.

If you don't have a solution, don't post.

You should not discourage people from posting. How was drifter15 to know that it would not work for you, until you had tried it?

If only successful solutions were posted, there would be very few replies. This Forum is about suggestions that may or may not work, and the OP can use them or not as the case may be, and not to chide posters who may may be wide of the mark.

Eldon, maybe you should carefully read my original message before you post. Look for the part that says "I have to zoom in and out before they will go away".

Eldon, maybe you should carefully read my original message before you post. Look for the part that says "I have to zoom in and out before they will go away".

My, My, you appear to have got out of the wrong side of bed this morning.

I reiterate, do not discourage posting. If you do, you may not get any answers. :cry:

Rkoog, perhaps you should consider that you want us to help you.. not the other way around. You are asking us to do you a favor, and so far, you've taken it upon yourself to be rude to two of the folks that have tried to help.

Good luck with that.