2D Civil Drawing

Hai everyone,

I am new in dealing with civil 2D drawings. In one of the building drawing (Plan View) i need to shade the blocks with different colours and measure the length of each coloured blocks.

Currently am doing it manually in a printed drawing sheet by first coloring the different blocks by hand (to classify for the different types) and then use the scale to measure the lengths.

I get 2D civil drawings(Building drawings - Plan view) from customer. Is there any option where i can use a command to color the different blocks and measure the length of each colored block,for example what is the length of the red colured blocks and what is the length of the blue colored blocks.

Could anyone answer by query and suggest me a solution??

WeJai

You can hatch the areas with diff patterns or gradients to diffirentiate the blocks. Then use dimensions to get your measurements.

Are you new to Autocad ??

AutoCAD has some built-in commands you can use to do this. I'd recommend that you read the help file pages for DIST and AREA, as these are two that you'll probably use very often doing civil drafting.

I'd also load the Inquiry toolbar and research some of the commands on there.

Look up HATCH while you're there, because this will let you fill closed shapes with patterns and/or solid fill.

2010 you can use MEASUREGEOM, and also DIST, and dimensions, along with LIST if it is just a line.

For coloring the blocks use BHATCH.

I now see that you are on 2008, at first I thought you were using 2010 so forget the MEASUREGEOM command.

• 1 month later...