Linetypes and regen while zooming

First post... woot!! :D

This question has been troubling me for a while and I've tried doing some initial research on it but figured what a better time to become a member.

In Autocad 2008 when zooming in a drawing linetypes such as dashed and center need regeneration. Is there a way to have these lines always show whilst zooming in and out without having to regen. I've become used to using regen as a solve but would love to find a way to make it automatic.

Thanks!

Are you working in model space or are you in paper space working inside a viewport? :unsure:

If you're working through a viewport in paper space then you should lock your viewport. Either that or just work directly in model space.

First post... woot!! :D

This question has been troubling me for a while and I've tried doing some initial research on it but figured what a better time to become a member.

In Autocad 2008 when zooming in a drawing linetypes such as dashed and center need regeneration. Is there a way to have these lines always show whilst zooming in and out without having to regen. I've become used to using regen as a solve but would love to find a way to make it automatic.

Thanks!

What do you have VIEWRES set to? Use 1000 or higher and experiment.

• 2 weeks later...

@Cad64:

I am working in model space when I am having the issue.

@rkent:

VIEWRES is set to 1000, and even when I set it at 20000 which is the max I still find myself using regen to see certain lines.

Thanks for the queries and hopefully this will help...