Making Black Lines automatically plot/print in Color

nicolas

Hi,

I wish to know whether there is a method to automatically print all black lines and characters and dot matrices in a color say dark blue. For unknown reason, my black ink is not working following a refill. I have even put it in hot water for minutes yesterday in vain following a counsel from an e-friend. A little ink came out and that's all. The ink is absolutely clogged and I have a literal 100 copies to print that are 100% in black. They are pdf files and are mostly lines and some characters, taken over from Acad. I have also refill the color ink and its full. So is there a tweak or solution, I will be delight to know how?

Thanks,

T. Nicolas MARIE

Hi Nicolas,

In Adobe PDF if you go to the Advanced menu>Print Production then you'll find the type of commands and tools to do what you want, you'll probably need to play about with it for a bit but it should be what you need.

And buying/installing a new black ink cartridge is out of the question because....?

What printer are you using?

Have you tried using your printer's software to override color settings?

As ReMark asked, "What printer are you using?"

Get a new cartridge, return the old one. Cartridges do dry out.

My Canon travel printer comes with an air tight cylinder to hold the cartridge in when not in use to prevent the ink from gettin' solid.

In Windows go to Printers and Faxes. Open it. Find your printer. Right-click on it and select Printing Preferences. Is there a Color tab? If so does it have an Advanced Settings button?

Actually, I discovered lately that the circuit was not damaged. Refilled ink has spoiled it making have a rust appearance. I did a very bad job namely using alcohol to clean the ink cartridge and I throught that the rust was related to the alcohol that has damaged the circuitry... but lately I was dipping the cartridge head in hot water and remaining ink started to came out gradually after a number of try. I tried to take a wet piece of cloth and try to brush the circuit and it became as new as it was when I first purchased the printer. Following another refill, the printer has restarted printing ... but it is quite pale and I have to use NORMAL but I do believe that as the ink will go down to the head due to gravity or absorption whatever, it will restart to print normally.

However it is good knowing how to change the color automatically using the printer software, win XP trick or whatsoever in case of emergency. The pdf was created out of Ayumini pdf which is on another CAD software but used with Acad 2007 to generate pdf. There is also now an in-built pdf creation method in Acad 2007 which is great.

For your record, the printer is an All-in-0ne HP (Hewlett Packard) F2280, Acad 2007 and Windows XP SP2.

Thanks u all.

T. Nicolas MARIE.

And you went through all that trouble because...?

I would have chucked the cartridge in the waste bin and gone out and bought a new one. Think of the time and effort you've wasted on this.