Layer not shown in properties toolbar

I've been using AutoCad for quite awhile now. This has happened to me before in the past but I have always just reinstalled AutoCAD again. I know .. stupid but it was just faster to do than to look for an answer.

My problem is that when I select a line or any object, the line type and layer properties of that object is not showing in the properties toolbar at the top of the screen. It shows in the pop up tabbed properties window. I must've accidentally pressed something, it was fine yesterday. It really bothers me not to see what layer I'm on or even see the properties of the selected objects.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance!reinstalled AutoCAD again. I know stupid but it was just faster to do that than to find an answer.

My problem is that when I select a line or any object, the line type and layer properties of that object is not showing in the properties toolbar. It shows in the properties tabbed window?? I must've accidentally pressed something? It just really bothers me not see what layer I'm on or even see the layer of the selected objects.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance

That usually happens when you've selected objects that are on multiple layers.

Is this happening when you select a single line?

Next time come here to search for an answer before doing something as drastic as reinstalling the program. That should only be done as a last resort if all else fails.

And take a look at the variables below, and commit them to memory, as they are the biggest culprits responsible for many Autocad issues.

PICKFIRST = 1

FILEDIA = 1

Edited by Cad64
Added variables to post

• 8 months later...

My problem is that the toolbar only displays the current layer and the layer of the selected object (if one is selected). Usually you can hit the pull-down to do the majority of your layer management without opening the layer manager. My pull-down will not display the other layers.

Next time come here to search for an answer before doing something as drastic as reinstalling the program. That should only be done as a last resort if all else fails.

And take a look at the variables in my signature below, and commit them to memory, as they are the biggest culprits responsible for many Autocad issues.

Cad64, The variables below your signature are not showing, just thought you would want to know.

My problem is that the toolbar only displays the current layer and the layer of the selected object (if one is selected). Usually you can hit the pull-down to do the majority of your layer management without opening the layer manager. My pull-down will not display the other layers.

In the layer properties manager make sure that you have not selected a filter on the left that you didn't intend to pick, or maybe the invert filter at the lower left is checked. Either uncheck the invert filter or select All in the upper left for the filters.

Cad64, The variables below your signature are not showing, just thought you would want to know.

Thanks, but I removed those a long time ago. This is an old thread.

I have added them to my post in case anyone else decides to dredge up this old thread again. :wink:

In the layer properties manager make sure that you have not selected a filter on the left that you didn't intend to pick, or maybe the invert filter at the lower left is checked. Either uncheck the invert filter or select All in the upper left for the filters.

Thanks. Stupid invert filter box was checked. I can't believe I missed it...