Why do i have to draw a certain size of box in 3ds max?

cameroon95

In smaller drawings i notice that max will not let me draw smaller sized boxes. i.e it lets me draw them but when u unclick the box disapears.

I'm just wondering if there is a way to change this as just now i have to draw massive box's in small projects and re-size them.

Many thanks

cam

How small are these boxes? :unsure:

I can create boxes that are 0.070" square, which is pretty freakin' small, but if I try to go smaller than that, they disappear as you've noted. If for some reason I need to go smaller than that, I just change the size in the Modify panel. You must be making some really small boxes? :P

If you want to create really small boxes, without having to make large ones and then resize them, you can do it in the Modify Panel under "Keyboard Entry". You can specify where you want them to be created in X,Y,Z space and what size you want them to be. Then just hit the "Create" button.

Another option would be to create Cubes instead of Boxes. I can drag out a Cube as small as 0.022".

keyboard.jpg