A 3rd angle drawing from a 3rd angle drawing?

Hi all, new to the forum. I have some experience in using 2D AutoCAD (2007) and Solid Edge (V16). Currently just using AutoCAD 2007 at the moment though.

I have been given a dwg file (attached) which essentially shows four 3rd angle drawings (2 drawings of each view) of a gerotor pump assembly. I have been asked to 'correct' these drawings, and suitably dimension them. But without a 3D model of the component that is suitably dimensioned, how on earth am I meant to know if the dimensions are right? The only thing which I will be able to do to them is line the two views of the drawings up, which seem to be out of line with one another if you look at them?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Chris

CAD_FDSc_Day_Release_Gerotor_assembly.dwg

Cant view the drawing from this PC I dont have Autocad on it; but I assume that you are talking about a 2D drawing.

I think that your main problem here is basic.

'Correct' the drawing? You need more info that that from your boss.

If you have to get going then yes getting the views aligned is always a good start.

As for the dimensions you can always select the object and use the LIST command which will give you its length so you can see if the dimension is correct.

Yes it is a 2D drawing. It's an assignment for a course I'm doing, not really related to my work. I just don't see how you're meant to do do it without a dimensined 3D model to base the 3rd angle drawings from?

I would do as you have stated, line up the views. Then use projection lines to obtain the third view.

Finish the drawing with the dimensions.

Here is a demo:

Demo.dwg

Hi, i am new to use autocad 2004 and i am wondring how i will be able to see my 2D floor plane in 3D while i am using AotoCad 2004 ?

Thanks