UCS Problems

I use UCSes & Views a lot to draw my elevations. I find it to be the easiest and most accurate way. The only problem I have is that when i change to a different view, my ucs ill show in a completely different direction. Then I have to first update it so my X plane is to 0 degrees. I find this very frustrating as there are some people in my company that is not 100% sure how UCSes work.

I don't know if there is a setting to have the UCS follow the view. The UCSFOLLOW setting cause the view to follow the UCS, not sure about the reverse.

The steps (that come to mind) to restore a UCS after switching views is with UCS>>VIEW then PLAN commands. If that's the only way, you could create a button to speed it up.

I've found that I do not like to have the UCS follow when switching views (personal preference).

The approach I take is when I want the UCS to be plan to the current view I simply use the UCS command with the "View" option. Is this how you are doing it now?

I start off with typing UCS then drawing how I want my X and Y planes so the UCS rotates as I want the drawing to be. I then type PLAN and select current so the drawing rotates to current UCS. I then go to VIEW to save the view. At this stage my X axis will be 0 degrees, but I fid as soon as I went to another view and return the UCS would be in some other direction. X does not stay at 0 degrees. This is what I am trying to sort out. So horizontal lines show vertical and vice versa.

Kinda sorted it, discovered the UCS, View icon.

View

Establishes a new coordinate system with the XY plane perpendicular to your viewing direction (parallel to your screen). The UCS origin remains unchanged.